Your Bridal shoes are an essential part of your wedding day attire! You will be walking, standing, posing, photographing and dancing in these shoes - and so you must put some time and thought into choosing the right shoes for your special day. Not only do you want them to look good - but you'll want to be comfortable in them!
Several things you need to consider when purchasing your bridal shoes are:
* what style of bridal gown are you wearing? (ie. ballgown, sheath, mermaid)
* what is your fashion style? (ie. romantic, classic, sporty, casual)
* what colour is your gown?
* what are the special features of your gown? (ie. sequins, feathers, ribbons, beading)
* where will you be walking during your wedding day? (ie. grass, cobblestone, beach)
* what do you value most - comfort or fashion?
* are you taller or shorter than your groom?
There is a wide range of great options on the market for bridal shoes - and these shoes come in a huge variety of fabrics, colours, heel-heights, styles, decorative touches - and in a wide price range. Most brides typically choose a dressy, heeled shoe that coordinates with and compliments her gown.
However, some brides prefer to choose something unexpected or unusual when it comes to their shoes. Here are some unique ideas to consider:
* white canvas runners, dressed up by replacing the laces with ribbons and glueing sequins or beads onto the canvas
* white flip flops dressed up with embellishments to coordinate with your gown
* satin ballet slippers
* brightly coloured dress shoes that match the bridesmaids' dresses or your bouquet
If you choose a high-heeled classy shoe, you might want to consider having a second pair of flat, comfortable shoes to put on for the reception.
Plan to purchase your shoes well in advance of your wedding. That way, you will have the shoes available for your dress fittings and you will be able to wear them as much as possible around the house to break them in. If the shoes pinch or if your heels slip, go to a cobbler or shoe store to purchase accessories that will help to pad the shoe and protect your feet. Also, if you'll be walking on slippery floors, it is a good idea to scuff up the soles of your shoes to help avoid slipping.
A great little tip for high-heel shoes - especially if you'll be walking on grassy areas or cobblestones is to purchase a little accessory called "SoleMates High Heeler™." These plastic heel covers attach easily to most high heels and provide a larger surface area to walk on, effectively stopping your heels from sinking into the grass or wobbling on cobblestones. This specialty item is available in Canada only at "What a Heel" shoe store located at 453 Brant Street, Burlington, Ontario, or online at www.thesolemates.com
On your wedding day, you will be spending a lot of time on your feet - so be sure to find a pair of shoes that will be comfortable and that will also make the fashion statement that you want them to make!
Happy feet makes for a happy bride!!