Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Going FULL TIME in the business!

I LOVE weddings!
And I LOVE planning events!

Over this past year, I have truly discovered my passion - and that is serving others through planning special events for them, and in helping them get through those events with "flying colours"!

(photo by Bassem Photography)

And so, in light of this newly-discovered passion, I have made the bitter-sweet decision to leave my part-time job so that I can dedicate myself fully to the event-planning business!

My primary focus will continue be to continue offering my "Day-Of" coordination services to bridal couples. This is the best deal for those couples who want to make all their own plans for their wedding, but who want someone on hand for the day of their wedding to ensure that all their plans happen as they expect them to. This service allows couples to just show up & enjoy their day!

However, there are many engaged couples who don't want to have to do all the leg-work and research involved in planning a wedding, or who just don't have time to invest in it (they say it takes about 250 hours to plan a wedding!!). These couples need more comprehensive planning assistance. So, for them, I will be offering full & partial planning services.

Throughout this coming year, I also plan to expand my business into the world of corporate, community, social, and other family events as well. Corporations & business often need help planning team meetings and staff Christmas parties. Community and social groups host banquets, dances, galas, assorted parties, fund-raisers, etc. And families always have causes for celebrations - baby & bridal showers, engagement parties, stag & does, anniversaries, birthdays, graduations... the list goes on! Any event being planned is something I'd love to help organize & direct!

So, while this change is a big step for me, I am jumping in with both feet & am VERY excited about this new direction!

If you have an event that needs to be planned - please let me know!! I'm here to help in any way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment